Skip to content
(A) Folk / Tribal Dance
- Only one entry per institution is allowed.
- Maximum 10 participants allowed per team. The team may consist of all boys, all girls or a mixture of both.
- The maximum number of accompanists permissible is five.
- The dance can be either primitive or a folk dance (Indian Style) but not a classical one.
- Duration of dance should not be more than min 8 & max 10 minutes.
- Three copies of a brief note giving the theme and the text of song if any, is to be submitted along with the entry form at the time of registration.
- The participating team will be responsible for removal of their sets / properties etc. immediately after the completion of their performance.
- Judgment will be based on the basis of Rhythm, Formation, Expression, Costumes, Makeup, Sets and overall effect.
- Time for sets/ Instrument setting is maximum 10 minutes.
(B) Classical Dance (Indian)
- Each institute can send only one entry.
- The classical dance can be from any of the approved schools of dance. Such as Kathak, Kathakali, Bharat Natyam, Manipuri, Kuchipudi, Mohiniattam, Odissi ect.
- The duration of performance is up to min 15 & max 15 minutes.
- Maximum three accompanists are permissible.
- Judgment will be based on the qualities like Tal, Technique, Rhythm, Abhinaya or Expression, Costumes, Footwork and general impression, etc.
- Three copies of a brief note on the drscription of dance story involved in it, if any, and of accompanying song, with its meaning in Hindi or English must be submitted at the time if registration.