(A) Responsibilities and general discipline to be followed by contingent
- The Team Managers should ensure that they register the names of respective participants correctly without any spelling mistakes before submitting it to Organizing University. New certificates will not be issued.
- The contingent leaders will be responsible for the discipline of their contingent members. In case of any in-disciplinary activity taking place, the contingent leader will discuss with the participants and inform to the organizing secretary immediately.
- The matter must be brought to the notice of Vice Chancellor as a Chairperson of the Organizing Committee and the decision given by the Chair will be binding on contingent.
- The contingent Leader along with their members must follow all the instructions given by the organizing secretary.
- In case of any dispute, contingent leaders are requested to bring it to the notice of Vice Chancellor of the organizing university through organizing secretary.
- All the participants will strictly follow timings of ‘light off’i.e., 10:00 PM.
- Disqualification of the participants on the grounds of non eligibility may result in the automatic cancellation of the contingent for that academic year.
- Identity of the participants and the participating university should not be disclosed during both poster and oral presentation in any manner.
- No official or any member of the university shall go to press on any controversial issues.
- Consumption of liquor, eve teasing, influencing and adjudicators, indecent behaviors inside the campus and venue is strictly prohibited.
- If the behavior of any contingent is found contrary to the objectives of the competition, the host university may take suitable action against concerned individual or team.
- Those violating these clauses shall be liable to disciplinary action, which may be up to the extent of debarring the concerned university team from participation in the future research conventions.
(B) Eligibility Rules
- Only Bonafide, Full Time student, who is enrolled for a degree or post graduate degree or diploma course of a minimum duration of one academic year and whose examination is conducted by the University subsequent to passing of the 12th class examination will be held eligible.
- Students of open universities shall be considered to be bonafide students and shall be eligible to participate provided they fulfill other terms and conditions. However, students enrolled in correspondence course in Institute / Centers of Universities, casual students, external students and students pursuing bridge courses shall not be eligible.
- All students participating in the Inter University Youth Cultural Activities shall fulfill the following conditions:
- Not more than 7 years have elapsed since a student passed the examination qualifying him/her for first admission to a degree or diploma course of a University or college affiliated to a University.
- Only students, who less than 25 years of age as on 1st July of the academic year 2018 in which activity is held, can participate.
- Further, Students can participate for one year more than the normal length of the academic program which he/she is pursuing.
- A student shall not be allowed to represent more than one University during a single academic year.
- Provisional admission to a course of a University or college shall not make the student eligible to represent the University in the Inter University Youth Cultural Activities.
- In case of a student migrating from one University to another University his / her migration case will be considered eligible only after his / her admission in the new University is regularized and he / she is admitted as a bonafide student by the new University.
- For the purpose of computing years of eligibility, one year will mean the academic year in which the cultural activity is held irrespective of whether the students result is declared or not. It will normally be extended from June / July of one year to 12 calendar months to the next year.
- The restriction of participation in Inter University Youth Cultural Activities to a period of one year more than the length / duration of academic course means that the students pursuing a three year degree program (i.e., B.A., B.Sc, B.Com etc.) can participate for four years, while a student pursuing four year program (i.e., B.E., B.Tech. etc) can participate for five years.
(D) Disqualification for Violation of Eligibility Rules
Any disqualification of a participant on the ground of ineligibility may result in the automatic scratching of the contingent for that academic year. The contingent may also be debarred from participating in the Youth Cultural Activities to be held in the following years.
- Strength of Contingent : Maximum 40 per university : Note : Accompanists would preferably be the student, who will be given participation certificates. However, outsiders may be allowed if suitable students are not available. Participating Universities are strongly requested not to bring extra person. No extra person shall be entertained at any cost.
- Contingent In-charge : Participating University shall send a maximum of two person as contingent In charge / Team manager, who will maintain a liaison with the organizing committee of the host University. Lady Team Manager is essential for girl participants. Officials will be included in the contingent of 40.
- Identity Card : Identity Cards with photographs signed by the appropriate authorities by the respective University should be carried by the participants.
- University Flags & Trophies : The contingent leader shall have to deposit his/her two University Flags with the host University. Last year winners and runners shall bring the rotating trophies with them.
- Travelling Expenses : The participating University will have to bear the travelling expenses. University may avail of railway concession if any desire, as festivals are a part of the National Integration camp scheme.
- Food : Food shall be provided from the afternoon of 6th December, 2018 till the dinner time on the 11th December, 2018.
- Boarding & Lodging : Free board & lodging would be provided for the participation in the Indradhanushya Youth Festival. Participating troupes from the Universities could be housed as guests in student’s hostels, utilizing common rooms, verandahs, etc.
- Clothing : It is advised that sufficient warm bedding, blankets, woolen cloths, medicines and locks etc. should be brought by contingent. The participants and officials are advised to get inoculated against cholera and typhoid.
- Discipline : If the behavior of any contingent is found contrary to the objectives of the festivals the host University may take suitable action against members concerned and an individual / team be debarred from participation in the future Youth Festivals. No official or any member University shall go press on any controversial issue. Consumption of liquor, Eve Teasing, Influencing the adjudicators, indecent behavior inside the campus and venue is strictly prohibited. Those violating this cause shall be liable to disciplinary action which may be to the extent of debarring the concerned University team.
- Stamp Size Photos : Two stamp size photographs of each participant, accompanists and official delegates are required to be sent to the host University in advance.
(E) Other Rules
- A cultural Procession / March past participating Universities shall be organised on inaugural day before the formal inaugural ceremony. Participating Team are required to bring their flags / Banners placards for this event.
- Participating teams are also advised to bring their Local / Regional Costumes for the purpose of reflecting their culture in cultural Procession / March past.
- Participating Universities are informed that the use of fireworks / arms is strictly prohibited. However, if it is unavoidable for cultural performance, their imitation may be used with the prior permission of the organizing committee.
- Recorded music / audio cassettes are not permitted during the Folk / Tribal and Classical dance.
- A sum of Rs. 5000/- refundable caution money shall be deposited by each team at the time of Registration. The cost of any loss of stores / damage to the property issued but not returned shall be deducted out of it.